So without much ado, here goes the recipe..
Milk - 1 litre
Sugar - 70gms (or as per taste)
Egg - 2
Bread - 1 slice (I used 1 slice wheat bread)
Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
cashew/kaju - broken pieces (I used around 40gms)
raisins/kishmish - a handful (I used around 20gms)
Chocolate sauce - as topping
Almonds - Blanched, skinned, Roasted and sliced - for garnishing
Note : The topping & garnishing can be changed as per your liking. The most common one I do is the chocolate one (as is given here).
Strawberry crush, A combination of orange marmalade & tiny fresh fruits pieces like apple,orange, strawberry also taste great!
Procedure :1. Boil the litre of milk and reduce it to about 750ml
2. Add torn pieces of bread slice and the sugar into the boiling milk. Reduce it further to approx 500ml. Cool the mix
3. Beat two eggs.
4. Add the whipped eggs, baking powder, vanilla essence and the kaju & kishmish and mix well.
5. In an oven proof dish, spray some oil, preheat it (optional) and pour the batter prepared as at Sl. 4.
6. In a Convection oven, I bake for about 1/2 hr - 40 minutes at 180-200 deg F.
This time I was in a hurry...hence bake in microwave for 15 minutes, in Medium Power.
Before taking it off the oven, insert a knife or anything pointed and if it comes out with some semi-solid batter stuck to it, bake for another few minutes.
7. Take it off the oven, smear the top with a thick layer of chocolate sauce (or any other topping of your choice). Garnish with the roasted and sliced almonds (This again may be changed to any garnishing of your choice)
8. Put it in the fridge to chill and serve!!