Had this delicious paneer dish at a cousin's place. Loved it.
She mentioned some ingredients she'd used, I guessed some she may have missed....the result was quite a refreshing tasting Paneer!
Paneer – 500gm
Ginger paste -1 tbsp
Whole Garam Masala
paste of 2 medium sized capsicum
paste of 2 tbsp posto
Dhone-jeera powder – ½ tsp each
Ghee at the end
1. Season the oil with Tej pata, Whole jeera, Whole garam masala, ginger paste/grated
2. Add the tomato followed by Capsicum paste and let it cook till the oil separates.
3. Add the Posto/Poppy Paste followed by sugar, dhone - jeere paste.
4. Add the Paneer cubes and salt to taste
5. Add some water...not too much...just a sprinkling
6. Cover and cook for a couple of minutes.
7. End it off with adding some slit green chilies and a liberal spoonful of ghee.
8. Eat it with steamed rice or roti.
PS: I'd added some diced potatoes which I'd sauted prior to adding to the gravy. Potato is totally optional....I added because I like potatoes with paneer 😉