Summer ….the season of Mangoes, vacations, sorbets, ice-creams, kulfis and more….
This summer has been a summer of Mango kulfis for us ….making kulfis almost every 3 days and relishing this awesome summer treat almost daily.
The recipe is a slight modification of Tarla Dalal’s mango kulfi recipe found here
Ingredients : yields 11-12 medium sized kulfis
Full Cream Milk – ½ litre (the full cream part is optional)
Condensed milk – ¾ cup of a 180ml cup (I used sweetened condensed milk)
Milk powder – ¾ cup of a 180 ml cup
Sugar (may be skipped if condensed milk is sweetened OR the mango is v.sweet) – 2 tbsp
Mango pulp of 3 -4 medium sized mangoes.
6 aluminium moulds
1. Mix together the milk, condensed milk and milk powder and bring to a boil and simmer for 5-7 minutes
2. Cool down the mixture completely. I put it in the refrigerator to fasten the cooling process
3. In the meantime, keep the mango pulp of 3-4 mangoes ready
4. After the milk mix cools, add the pulp and give the mango-milk mix with a hand whipper.
5. Pour into moulds and freeze.
Take them out of the mould, or as Tarla Dalal says "demould" them.
Serve, relish and attain mango nirvana!! ;))