Pages

Search this blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Masala Poorie / Puri


Chholar Dal or Chana Dal was already carried forward from Lunch. Hence the Puri with a twist!
Though we Bongs are partial towards 'Phulko Luchi'...Poories made of Maida, Covid restrictions and limited supplies prompted me to improvise with whatever was available.... and here goes the recipe of Masala Poorie

Ingredients as per my availability: can be tweaked around to suit taste and availability
Maida - about 1/2 cup
Ata (whole wheat flour) - 3 cups almost
Hing /Asafoetida - 1 tbsp
Chili flake - 1 tbsp
Ajwain - 1.5 tbsp
Salt
Sugar
Ghee- 1 heaped tbsp
Curd (because it was available)-a bowl approx
Warm water

Procedure :
Mix the dry ingredients.
Then mix the ghee followed by curd and warm water....knead
Roll into poories and fry....


I served with Chholar Dal...
Anything like Alu Dum, Chhole, Chutney will do....even just like that...warm puffed spicy poorie tastes awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Post ! I will for sure try your recipe I remember I have tested Kolkata Best Caterers Food .