Today's dish is one which can be cooked up fast; can be eaten for dinner and packed as a tiffin for AD, can be used as sandwich filling, Spring roll filling or eaten as it is.
It is easy, fast, looks great and tastes fresh, crunchy and yummy!
So here goes the recipe....
-Chicken Sausages : 250gm
-Bellpeppers : I used green, yellow & red - 1 each
-Baby Onions : 3/4th bowl (Bowl size - 250ml)
-Freshly ground black pepper : 1 1/2 - 2 tsp
-Chilly flakes : 1 tsp (or as per preference)
-Corn kernels - 1 bowl
-butter : 25 gm
1. Slice the sausages in thin discs
2. Cut the bell peppers in thin strips
3.Take the butter in a wok and after the butter melts, add the baby onions (whole)
4. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of pepper. Fry till translucent.
5. Add the sliced sausages. Stir fry on medium to high heat till it has browned. Sprinkle pepper, chilly flakes and stir again.
6. Add the thin strips of bell pepper. Stir fry on high heat but dont over cook. The bellpeppers need to retain their colour and crunchyness.
7. Add the bowl of corn kernel (I used frozen which I'd thawed and added raw. You can slightly fry the corn in butter if you want, or boil them in salt water)
7. With a final dash of pepper, chilly flakes and salt (if needed) and one final stir, take it off the flame. Ready to eat.
This recipe goes to the WEEKEND HERB BLOGGING #172 hosted for the week by Laurie of Mediterranean Cooking in Alaska. The history of WEEKEND HERB BLOGGING is available here. The logo for the event is .....